HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
This course is offer an options for a flexible training, after the successful completion of a workbook. This course provides the participant with the knowledge and skill to confidently recognise and respond to an emergency situation requiring first aid. The course is designed for the general public or students requiring a unit of competency for First Aid.
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
Course Accreditation:The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
The Course is offered by Sydney Training Academy (RTO code 91592) Tel: 02 8677 5810