HLTAID004 - Provide an emergency first aid response in education and care setting
This course is offer an options for a flexible training, after the successful completion of a workbook. This course provides the participant with the knowledge and skill to confidently recognise and respond to an emergency situation requiring first aid. The course is designed for the general public or students requiring a unit of competency for First Aid.
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
- Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- incident reporting in a child care setting
- child physiology
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy
- managing shock
- and much, much more!
CPR component recommended annually
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
The Course is offered by Sydney Training Academy (RTO code 91592) - Tel:02 8677 5810